Senior Designer – UX, Digital Design, Visual Design
- Looking for someone with an equally good grasp of both UX and digital design
- Need candidates skilled in visual design
- 2 years’ experience minimum using Sketch
- Telephone Interview
- Face to face at the offices
THE GOOD STUFF..
- Competitive salary
- Employee of the month scheme
- Referral bonus
- 25 days holiday a year in addition to bank holidays
- Company Pension Scheme
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Health Cash Plan
- Brand new state of the art office space with a cosy break out area with Mario Kart & Fifa Tournament
Our client an award-winning design and software development tech business based in Manchester that specialises in the gaming sector.
We URGENTLY require require a Senior Designer to join this ambitious and modern team who design and build some of the most new, cool, sleek gaming products in the world.
Our clients project has been ongoing for the past year and during this time they have designed and are in the process of building two of the main products for the platform so this really is a EXCITING TIME TO JOIN.
We need a Senior Designer who can review, understand and enhance the work that has been produced so far and design from scratch the remaining products for the platform.
If this sounds like you, keep reading…
- You will be the senior designer on a long term project to design a full suite of gaming/gambling products, including responsive websites and native apps.
- You will be the lead designer on the project and will be responsible for all designs produced.
- You will work closely with the Design Director and will have regular design reviews and meetings to come up with creative solutions for different products.
- Following design process you will sketch out solutions to complex problems, storyboard user journeys, producing ideas and concepts, produce high fidelity wireframes and prototype & test visual designs.
- You will be a key influence in advising on UX & Design best practices.
- You will work closely with a dedicated team from different departments to ensure the final products are delivered to a high standard and to agreed timescales.
- You will also carry out a full handover of final, signed-off designs to the development team and carry out regular design reviews with them to make sure the final product is pixel perfect and to the highest quality.
- You will be creating and continually enhancing these products over time and finding new and innovative ways of improving various features.
- You will carry out research, competitor analysis, data analysis and user testing to aid design decisions. Designs should always be based on factual evidence, not opinion.
What we expect
- You MUST have excellent attention to detail. This means your files and folder structures should be neat, tidy and can be picked up by anyone else within the team with ease.
- We expect you to stress test and thoroughly evaluate your work prior to it being presented in a design review and/or handed over to the development team.
- You will be able to effectively communicate ideas and solutions to different team members across the company.
- You will ensure the designs match the fully documented set of requirements.
- You must also be willing to learn about all the different types of gambling products to understand industry standards and what customers expect.
- You will produce stunning UI designs for the final product that are of the highest quality and set the bar in terms of creativity and innovation in the gambling industry.
- All your work must be organised and easily accessible by other team members (including Photoshop and Sketch layers) This is of the highest importance during the project as all final designs have to be fit for development.
- Being able to take on board constructive feedback and producing an improved solution is a must.
You will sit within the Design team and report to the Design Director.
The skills you should have
- All of our designs are built within Sketch so we’re looking for someone with at least 2 years experience using this tool and someone who can confidently use features such as creating nested symbols, using different plug-ins, adhering to colour palettes and style guides and naming layers and groups with correct terminology.
- Experience with using the Adobe CC Suite is also needed. The main tools we use are Photoshop and Illustrator so being able to use these also is a must in case any visual non-UI work needs creating, such as icons, banners etc.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in responsive web design and UX design (including research, wireframing and prototyping)
- Mobile app design experience e.g. iOS, Android etc. is desirable.
- Previous experience designing products that handle lots of data is a must.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment in necessary throughout this role.
- Good technical understanding with the ability to pick up new tools quickly.
- Love working as part of a team and collaborating with developers, project managers, testers etc. Communication is key to delivering the best products.
- A good understanding of front-end web development (HTML & CSS). This is so we can produce designs that developers can easily use and understand when implementing our designs.
- Previous experience with analysing data and carrying out user testing across different mediums.
- To proceed to our interview process you must have an exceptional portfolio of previous design work that covers all of the above.
Who we’re looking for
- Excellent communicator, both verbally and written
- Someone who is adaptable and able to pick up new techniques
- Enjoys keeping up to date with advances in web/mobile technologies and how they can be applied to projects
- Someone with a strong eye for detail
- Hard working and willing to go above and beyond learning new skills
- Loves working as part of a team and collaborating with others
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Someone willing to go above and beyond client expectations and deadlines